To volunteer during camp, new and returning adult volunteers must:
- Be registered Girl Scouts—with Girl Scouts of Central Maryland or another Girl Scout council—by no later than Outdoor Training.
- Complete or renew the Girl Scout background check.
- This is required for every volunteer who registers as an adult, NOT for Program Aides who are 18 years old.
- The Girl Scouts background check is valid for three years.
- Complete the GSHCDC Adult Volunteer Registration via CampDoc.
- For Transportation, please list everyone that will either be riding with you in your vehicle, or riding with you on a bus (if you request and are assigned to be a bus rider).
- Attend General Training and Outdoor Training. (See the Mandatory Trainings page for more information.)
- Plan with your team ahead of time to ensure a good week.
- Attend the Set-up day and time for the week that you are volunteering.
- Work a minimum of three (3) days per week. These days can be split with a (Girl Scout registered) spouse or relative, if needed.
- Attend the Clean-up day and time for the week that you are volunteering.
POSSIBLE CPS CHECK
GSHCDC may also require a second background check through Child Protective Services (CPS). This is being checked into, and we will advise registered volunteers if it is necessary.
NEW STAFF VOLUNTEERS
In the past, new staff volunteers needed to provide letters of reference. We are reviewing this requirement, as both past and new volunteers now have to have a background check.
After you register as a volunteer, we will advise if you need to submit any references.