To volunteer during camp, new and returning adult volunteers must:
- Be registered Girl Scouts—with Girl Scouts of Central Maryland or another Girl Scout council—by no later than Outdoor Training.
- Complete or renew the Girl Scout background check.
- This is required for every volunteer who registers as an adult, NOT for Program Aides who are 18 years old.
- The Girl Scouts background check is valid for three years.
- Complete the GSHCDC Adult Volunteer Registration via CampDoc.
- For Transportation, please list everyone that will either be riding with you in your vehicle, or riding with you on a bus (if you request and are assigned to be a bus rider).
- Attend General Training and Outdoor Training. (See the Mandatory Trainings page for more information.)
- Plan with your team ahead of time to ensure a good week.
- Attend the Set-up time for the week that you are volunteering.
- Work a minimum of three (3) days per week. These days can be split with a (Girl Scout registered) spouse or relative, if needed.
NEW STAFF VOLUNTEERS
In the past, new staff volunteers also needed to provide letters of reference. We are reviewing this requirement, as both past and new volunteers now have to have a background check.
After you register as a volunteer, we will advise if you need to submit any references.