Adult Registration opens February 15th 2019 on CampDocs
Send Background Check information to GSHCDC, PO Box 1817, Ellicott City, MD 21041.
Mandatory General Training for Adult Staff and PAs
Sunday, May 19, 2019 4:00-9:00pm
New Volunteers please arrive at 4:00pm, dinner will be provided
Returning Volunteers please arrive at 6:
- enter via doors on left side of building
- Adult volunteers - bring your completed CPS background check to be notarized.
General Training Session for new and returning staff is at American Legion Post 60 in Laurel, MD. Training will cover overall camp organization and programming. Unit and Program leaders will receive theme-related information, meet with their adult and PA team, receive schedules, program packets and begin planning. This is a very important opportunity to meet and strategize with the other adults and Program Aides assigned to your unit. If you are a Girl Scout leader, bring your GSCM adult training card. Please plan to attend for the whole time.
Our Camp is run entirely by volunteers.
Acceptance as camp staff guarantees placement for your camper.
New staff volunteers will also need to do the following:
- Send Reference Form to three non-family members. Then have these people mail the completed forms to the address below. GSHCDC, PO Box 1817, Ellicott City, MD 21041.
- Complete the Child Protective Services (CPS) background check online and print confirmation. Bring confirmation to General Training to be notarized.
- IF you want a rebate for volunteering, complete the LiveScan fingerprinting process at FYI Fingerprints. [see background checks]
Adult Staff Reference Form 2016.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [142.0 KB]